1. 2018, Costa Rica, Rincon de la Vieja -1,916m. It has 9 craters and a large number of fumaroles and hot springs on its slopes. The name means “ The Old Woman’s Corner”, a reference to a local legend about a girl whose lover was thrown into the crater by her father. She became a recluse living on the mountain, and was credited with powers of healing.
2. 2018, Costa Rica, Arenal -1,670m. This conic volcano has a crater 140 m in diameter. We made it in time for the sunset 🌅 👌
3. 2017, Hawaï, Big Island, Kilauea-1,247m.We were lucky it was active. The hotel concierge advised us to take our chances and head there instead of calling the monitoring center to inquire about the volcano’s activity because that may be misleading as by the time we reach there the eruption might be over. Later on, we followed some other tourists’ recommendation and biked, then hiked in a pitch black night to observe the incandescent lava flowing into the ocean…😲
4. 2017 Hawaï, Maui, Haleakala crater- 3045m. This massive shield volcano forms more than 75% of the island. The western 25% is formed by another volcano.
5. 2015 Guatemala, lake Atitlan’s famous trio San Pedro’s-3,020m-, Atitlan-3,535m-,& Toliman -3,158m.
6. 2015, Guatemala, Antigua, Agua– 3,760m. This almost perfect cone is covered with a thick vegetation like many other volcanoes in Guatemala. On the right side, the volcano Fuego (3,763) is constantly spewing small ash clouds- last major eruption was in 1974.
7. 2015 Japan Honshu Mount Fuji– 3,776m. This iconic conic snow-topped volcano is the highest mountain in Japan, and a World Heritage site since 2013. Majestic despite the works beneath 🤷🏻♀️
8. 2010, Indonesia, Bali, Mount Batur – 1,717m- is an active Volcano. We left the hotel at 3:00 am; after around 2 hours hike we reached the caldera and along with another friend, I resumed the last leg up to the peak- another half hour. From our promontory we watched silently the sunrise bringing life to the still life around us.
9. 2008, New Zealand, Auckland, Mount Eden-196m. This dormant volcanic cone overlooks Auckland and offers one of the best views of the city.
10. 1985, Canary Islands, Tenerife, Mount Teide – 3,718m. According to hubby the honeymoon turned out to be more like a boot camp…day tours and night shows: barely few hours sleep🤷🏻♀️🙈😂
#ladysindbad #diariesofaladysindbad #confessionsofaladysindbad
#Volcano#Costarica #Rincondelavieja #arenal #Hawaï #Maui #Haleakala #Bigisland #Kilauea #Guatemala #Sanpedro #Atitlan #Toliman #Antigua #Agua #Fuego #Japan #Mountfuji #MountBatur #Bali #Indonesia #Mounteden #Auckland #Newzealand #Mountteide #Tenerife #Canaries